January 2022: As has been the case for the last 2 summers, we will continually monitor the progression of COVID-19 and its effect on our summer camping program. As we progress towards summer 2022, we will take into account the current guidance from the CDC, American Camp Association, Georgia Department of Health and the South Georgia Conference. As needed, we will make adjustments to our policies. Please check back here for updates.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. BY VISITING CAMP CONNECT LOCATED AT EPWORTH BY THE SEA, ST. SIMONS ISLAND, YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY ASSUMING ALL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 FOR YOUR CHILD.
Please do not send any camper with the following:
- A fever of 100 degrees or more
- Signs of sickness without a fever
- Any chronic health conditions that would put him/her at an increased risk of significant illness from coronavirus, such as diabetes, asthma or immune deficiency.
In allowing my child to take part in this program, I have also considered other household members and those with whom my child has frequent contact with who are elderly or at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus.
Before Your Week of Camp:
- If your camper is showing any signs of sickness, they should stay home. Contact the camp for alternate dates or a refund.
- Testing your camper for COVID-19 ahead of camp is not currently required but is encouraged if there has been exposure to a known case or questionable symptoms.
- Staff will be present as you arrive at check-in to assist with the health screening protocols.
- Everyone will be tested for an elevated temperature.
Everyone will do their best to model and encourage the following best practices:
- Be Outside - Fresh, moving air will be the background to the majority of our days.
- Spread Out – We have lots of space around our property. We will take advantage of it and spread out as much as possible.
- Wash/Sanitize Hands – We have anti-bacterial solution and bathrooms equipped with soap and warm water to kill harmful germs. We will give campers frequent opportunities to wash hands.
- Monitor symptoms - Counselors will monitor their individual camper's well being throughout each day. If/when they notice or are told of any symptoms, they will be routed to our health team for more assessment. With anything outside of the norm, we will alert parents as to next steps.
We thank you for helping to keep our campers and staff safe!